Ikea Tradfri Setup
About 1 mindocumentation
Ikea Tradfri Setup
This guide will assist you in setting up F1MV-Lights-Integration with your IKEA Tradfri lights.
- One or more IKEA Tradfri lights are required.
- Ensure that you have installed F1MV-Lights-Integration. If not, please refer to the installation page.
- Open F1MV-Lights-Integration and open the settings by clicking on the 3 dots in the top right corner, then click on "Settings".
- Click on "Integration Settings", and click "IKEA".
- Make sure "Disable IKEA Integration" is not checked.
- In the same section, enter the security code of your IKEA Tradfri gateway. You can find this code on the back of your gateway.
- After entering the security code, click "IKEA Tools", and click "Search and connect to gateway".
- After clicking the button, you will have one of the following options:
- You will see a message saying "No IKEA gateway found", this means that F1MV-Lights-Integration was unable to detect your IKEA gateway. Make sure your IKEA gateway is connected to your network and try again.
- You will see a message saying "The app is already connected to an IKEA gateway", this means that F1MV-Lights-Integration is already connected to your IKEA gateway. You can proceed to the next step if this is the case.
- You will see a message saying "Successfully connected to the IKEA gateway", this means that F1MV-Lights-Integration has successfully detected your IKEA gateway. You can proceed to the next step if this is the case.
Selecting IKEA Tradfri lights
Click on "IKEA Tools", and click "Manage IKEA devices".
After pressing the button, you will see a list of all the lights that are connected to your IKEA Tradfri gateway.
Select the lights that you would like to use with F1MV-Lights-Integration and when you are done, close the window.
Once you closed the window, click the 3 dots in the top right corner, and click "Home".
You can now test your lights using the simulation buttons.
Please refer to the troubleshooting page if you encounter any issues.